10% for the planet
All of our programs are set up to support our sustainability initiatives worldwide. Whether it’s planting trees or providing access to clean drinking water, the money raised from this fund spreads the roots for positive impact. Our programs and using adventure as a catalyst to better the people and places we visit along the way!
Eco-Cultural Adventure Mini-Mester
These 2-4 week placed-based experiential education courses are the ECAM expeditions. We learn about the complex ecology, economies, and cultures of the wonderful places we travel. We explore the places we visit under the lens of outdoor leadership while conversing with our environments via adventure sports. These skills learned through adventure are transferable wherever life takes you.
A course around placed-based learning: Venture into one of Europe’s most exciting and beautiful places. Croatia boasts a stunning coastline, high peaks, ancient cities, and a fascinatingly complicated history. During this course, you will use Soulstainable’s place-based curriculum as a lens through which to understand this new environment. Students will draw inspiration from what they learn while traveling through Croatia to create an Impact Plan. College Credit is available for this course*, Index Pricing is available for this course.
Explore the islands and cliffs of the Dalmation coast. A complete set of Land and Water based curriculums along with leadership curriculum. Students study the placed-based triangle, which consists of how healthy a location’s economy, ecology, and cultures are.
This course is designed to engage in the joys of international travel while giving back to the communities we enjoy. Create an impact plan
Dates: May 15th- June 3rd
Arrival Day, May 15th: Split Croatia
Arrival in Split! ~ Accommodation and transfers are set to jet! The Soulstainable team will be ready to host and welcome our students after a long travel day! We will ensure you have all the appropriate meeting points if you are already in-country.
Day 2 Day 5 May 16-19: Course Introduction // Split Croatia
Our time in Split is focused on framing why we are here as we dive into the complexities of a place while exploring this amazing one!
Split has a ton to offer, from ancient history, Street art, markets, Bene beach, and climbing amongst Augustinian Monk ruins.
We enjoy meals around town and stay at the lovely and humble Split Inn Apartments.
Day 6 Travel Day May 20th: Split – The Island of Hvar
- Students leave early to catch the ferry to Hvar.
- Student grocery shopping contest.
- Our Drivers and hosts in Hvar will be waiting for us, and we will settle into our accommodation and start to explore this truly magical location.
Day 7 – Day 9 May 21st- May 26: The Island of Hvar
- Svetnja Nedjilia is truly a magical place that is well off the beaten path.
- We explore its mountains and oceans, with the land-based aspect of this course being the focus.
- Climb, hike, swim, and cruise the beaches in this stunning location.
- We learn about the complexities of wine and explore Cliffbase with Miro Stek.
- Explore the ancient fortress town of Hvar, where we cruise around the islands and tour to the fortress top.
Day 10 May 27th: Travel to Paklenika NP
- A ferry to Zlaren in the evening.
- Travel, get to the accommodation
- Rest and a nice dinner in the city.
Day 11- 13
These three full days will be spent in this stunning national park. We will do a lot of hikig and exploring as well as some climbing. The goal of this section is to take in these natural surroundings and focus on the purpose of your travel to this country. What difference can you make at a place that you love? What steps do you take to get you there? Find serenity in obtaining your answers to these questions as we explore while workshopping these profound ideas.
Day 14 – Travel day to Sibenick!
- Travel day from Plaklenica
- Enjoy the joys of the road via this short trip from Starigrad to Sibinick
- The group learns the basics of paddling on the kayak expedition brief
- An Excellent meal provided for the group before we head out the following day.
Day 15 – 18: Island Kayaking Expedition
The Kayak expedition is underway! An early morning departure gets us starting campcraft early afternoon after an amazing lunch spread.
These next four days will be focused on the art of the paddle, finilizing thoughts in your impact notebook, and taking in the essence of the adriatic sea.
Day 19 June 2: Travel and De-Brief
- After a relaxing morning in the city, we depart back to Split.
- Work on Impact plans
- Explore split, souveniers, fun meal in Split with the team
Day 20 June 3: Cruiser day and farewells!
Today is about relaxing and reflection. Strolls through the city and to Bene beach, enjoy each others company on our last full day as a group. A banquet dinner for the team and a sendoff dance party!
The next day we send off for new adventures abroad or back to the homefront full of different perspectives and the tools to make positive change around the world.
The expedition never stops, always explore, always carry wonder, and never forget the wonderful things you have done and are capable of!
What exactly is included:
This Course is 20 days (Without travel days) From May 15 to June 3rd, 2023
***Index Pricing is Available***
- Spot Deposit ~ $500 to save a spot for this expedition.
- Remaining payment ~ May 1st, 2023
- All accommodation is provided on the expedition from arrival day (night of the 14th) until the departure day on day 21 (June 4th).
- All transportation is included on the trip. The only transportation not included in the bus ride to and from Split (10 Euros).
- All meals are included in the trip. We do a combo od group dinners and food stipends of $
Guides and Technical gear:
- All guides are provided
- All Technical gear is provided
- Tents and camping gear
What is not included:
- Flights too and from Split Croatia*
- Sleeping bags and sleeping pads
- Climbing Shoes, harness, and chalk bag
- Appropriate clothibng and footwear for hiking and